A drug rehab created for and staffed by military service members.
For Veterans by Veterans
We’ve Got Your Six!
Every year, countless service members cannot access an opiate rehab for veterans. And that’s a problem, because veterans are at a higher risk of developing opiate addiction due to issues like:
- Military sexual trauma (MST)
- Serving in combat zones
For veterans with PTSD and other forms of military-related trauma, opiate abuse gives them an unhealthy way to cope. At Heroes’ Mile, we help veterans develop new, healthier coping mechanisms that help them re-integrate into civilian life.
How Do Opiate Rehabs for Veterans Help?
At Heroes’ Mile, we offer:
- Opiate detox: 24/7, monitored care that helps veterans safely detox from drugs and keeps them away from opiates during this vulnerable period.
- Group Therapy: Small, personal groups where veterans bond over shared experiences with military service and opiate abuse. This reminds service members that they are not alone in their experiences, and helps them identify common behaviors of addiction.
- Individual Therapy: Here, veterans discuss their personal histories one-on-one with an experienced mental health professional. This comfortable, personal environment is conducive to working through military trauma and Opiate abuse.
- PTSD Counseling: Compassionate counseling where veterans discuss their military experiences in relation to their opiate abuse. When conventional opiate rehabs treat veterans with opiate addiction, service members are more likely to relapse.